- It's important to really sit and have one on one time with Oliver while we are doing his different activities (especially writing, or new challenges to him).
- Lot's and lot's of praise goes a long way in encouraging him to continue and push him a little when he wants to give up.
- Having activities ready for Aleksandr to play with is a must.
- Also including Aleksandr where I can is helpful too (paint dots for him while Oliver is coloring patterns).
- Preparing a bit the night before so that the flow of our work time is smooth.
- Breaking up sitting work time with lots of exercise related activities (singing and moving, marching, going on a bear hunt together, or rather alligator hunt etc.)
- Prayer. Lot's of prayer for help, passion, love, compassion, guidance, discipline and fun!!
Here is Oliver working on some train themed patterns.