Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time to be disciplined.

I've been feeling a little scattered lately. The other day I heard the phrase, " too many irons in the fire".
So relevant to how I'm feeling.
My interests and need for knowledge has tipped my scales, and I'm feeling very unbalanced. I keep thinking I'll figure out an organized plan for cooking, cleaning, preparing nutritional meals for Jonah and I and Oliver, find time to finish researching vaccines, finish my laundry....for once, get rid of stuff we don't use, hang frames on the walls, print pictures!!!, keep my quiet time with God at a scheduled time each day....and on and on it goes. I don't seem to schedule very well. Maybe it's my personality- that creative need to be impulsive. But I have never stuck to a schedule. I can make a list, write on a calendar, and think that I will follow through with something for a month, only to fail.
I'm getting to the point where I need this structure for my own sanity. My husband loves to make lists for things. He loves seeing the check mark next to his many many lists of things to do. He'll even add something to a list that wasn't included, just so he can check it off! I'm not quite that way. I write a list. Start doing something, get sidedtracked, or get taken to do something that requires me immediately (diaper change, dinner...etc.) forget I made the list and go on forgetting about it.
Does anyone else have a good solid schedule down for their week? We have a pretty basic schedule, I just find it hard to do all the extra work for all my everyday things. I am getting everyday things done but not feeling it's enough.
Perhaps this post doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm resolved to take this to God. To beg Him for organization, discipline, and wisdom in knowing what things are the most valuable things I should use my time for.
So I'll come back to this again. Soon.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I think you took the words right out of my mouth. I was just saying to someone at work, I still can't it all done and I only work 2 days now. But as Brad said, You are home more so you make more of a mess because it is lived in.

But I have found the 'perfect' schedule to follow only to learn that frankly I am not a scheduled person, no matter how hard I try. we have always been a 'go with the flow' family.

I continue to try though as toddlers like schedules. Planning meals is one I can tend to stick with.

I am with you on the whirlwind of everything...working, home, wife, mother, trying to eat well and on and on. I am learning to just hand it over to God and realize I can't do it all but I can try.

And the house will always be lived in, I can't tell you how many times I have stepped on a Cheerio/Kix from Callen throwing them. :)