Thursday, October 7, 2010

Love

There is nothing sweeter than holding our sleeping son, and feeling his warm little body mold against mine as I carry him up the stairs. Tucking him in for the night and walking back to our room to pass by his empty bassinet brings sweet memories back. I realize how quickly time has gone by. How yesterday we took him home from the hospital and tomorrow he'll be going off to college. Maybe that's a huge leap but it is passing all too quickly.
My heart has so many good memories that fill me up to overflowing. The love I share for our child is amazing. Maybe it's the unbelievable amount of trust he has in us his parents. The unconditional love and reliance on us. I've never been responsible for something or someone so completely helpless. It's amazing.
I can't help but relate this relationship to the one I share with Christ. How much greater does He love me? Can I even fathom that. Am I utterly helpless without Him? Do I cry out to Him and know in my heart He is right there comforting me and loving me without fail?
My heart is going through some changes and I'm grateful. I want to grow. I want to need Him more. I want what He wants for me.
I'm thankful for what He is showing me through others. Showing me through our son.
Sometimes my heart feels so full I feel like I could cry. Good tears of joy.
I only pray I can feel this way about all that God has done for me and all He is doing now.

No comments: