Monday, May 3, 2010

oh the gracefulness

We had a nice weekend, busy, but nice. We had  a newborn photoshoot with a family we recently did maternity pictures for. Before that we had a hospital tour. It was nice to finally do that on our list of things to do and it was good to see the rooms we'd be in for labor and recovery. I think it will be a nice place to have our baby, and we are praying about the staff that will be there that day.
The photoshoot was fun, and their baby girl is beautiful! I may post some pictures on facebook, after we finish editing them.
Then yesterday we had church. Let me just tell you about the night service...starting with my grand entrance up the front steps outside. I gracefully tripped and sprawled out on the steps, hitting my knee pretty good. Talk about embarassing, and a slight blow to my pride! I haven't fallen down in public yet, but with my coordination lately it's no surprise. I tried to stop myself from the fall, but with my weight centering around my middle it was pretty hard, I just had to go with it and let it happen. I didn't fall on my belly but my knees thankfully. But it was scary and embarrassing. Jonah turned around and helped me up and gave me a hug, since I was tearful at that point. I was already tired and hot and that just topped it off, how many people were staring at the graceful pregnant lady sprawled out on the steps? Oh well!
But later when we were in our seats (after we had shaken hands and greeted others) Jonah whispered to me that the little boy behind us thought Jonah was Jesus. How funny! Must be the curly hair?
So it lightened my mood, and I was thankful for the laugh. Sometimes we get to go through experiences that are humbling, and then God brings along something to lighten the mood. I'm sure our own son will bring his own humor to our lives too.

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Aww, poor Carrie :-(!! That's so hard when you get to that point. I remember losing my balance while trying to reach for something over the edge of the couch one time. Of course, that was kind of my fault, I was being impatient. Anyway, I'm glad you're ok. :-)