Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summertime

Where have we been? Yes, I realize that much time has gone by since I posted. Summer is here! But I haven't had the chance to really feel like it is yet!
A little over a week ago we got back from our mission trip to the Dominican Republic. This was a 9 day trip that was so eye-opening and heart changing. What I saw, experienced and felt during those days is definitely something that I will carry with me all my life. It was such an amazing trip. It was also the first time I left Oliver anywhere overnight, and he stayed with his grandparents during the nine days. I was so nervous about this, but once we were there, I found that I was so busy I didn't have much time to be sad. I missed him terribly, but the time with Jonah and the time serving definitely helped. I know that the Lord provided the grace and strength to help me with that. That small detail that I dreaded, the thought of leaving our son behind, was on my mind and heart for weeks, months even, leading up to our departure.
Now here I am on the other side of it all, with our son back at home, our life back to 'normal' and I'm so grateful I was able to go. Would I go again? I think it is always hard to say 'yes' for all those fears and naggings about letting go of what's comfortable and 'safe'. But I NEED to go again. That's my answer.
I can't believe what I saw. What I learned. What I learned about God, about others, about Jonah.
It was awesome indeed.
Now here we are back in our home, back at my job, and back to life in the states.
Our lives are anything but 'normal' lately though.
I am about to end my job of 3 years, to start my other job- staying at home with our dear boy. This decision is on of faith. Much faith and prayer. I am so excited to start this role, as it's been my hearts desires for years. I am also excited to see how God will provide for us, as I know He will. Where He guides He provides!
It's been an incredible year. So much has changed in our lives this year, in comparison to last year.
Starting with our change in churches, our change of heart, spiritually, at the start of the year, our focus on serving, missions, using our talents for Christ, our renewed passion in photography, our faith based decisions, and our unity in all of this.
It's been a GOOD year. It's been a growing year, and I'm so thankful for that. I can see how God is shaping and directing us, and my only concern is that I continue to allow Him to do this. That I don't again become self-centered, and too scared to step out and trust Him. There is freedom in faith that is unlike anything else I've ever known. And in the worlds's eyes this is hard to understand. But truly it is so liberating.
Let go and just let Him lead!

No comments: