Friday, April 27, 2012

giant crayons

So today is designated to menu planning. It's kind of sad that I have to block off well, a day.
And how is it coming along?
Well I made some giant crayons.
Yes, that's what happens when the queen of procrastination tackles a project that she hates.
Not that I haven't started my menu planning.
I'm currently surrounded by coupons, grocery lists, sale lists and some raisins (my snack).
But this morning I had the brilliant idea to try one of my pins on pinterest that I have been wanting to try.
Truly it was easy. They had about 3 steps to make these crayons and it really was that simple. The hardest part was pulling the labels off the crayons- some seem to stick more on certain colors. But since we have an abundance of crayons in our house, I've been wanting to try my own giant ones. I figured they would fit well in Oliver's little hands and I even thought they may make a nice party favor for his birthday. I happen to have molds that are circles- so "O" for Oliver would be appropriate.
Here are my giant crayons in the end:


























I think for next time, when I make a big batch, I will stick to simpler color blends- maybe just two per crayon. Plus I also realized it does matter if you use cheap vs. crayola brand. The ones in the front are crayola, and the ones in the back (see that layer of wax underneath?) are from a carebear coloring book.
I was overall very pleased with how easy it was. Now to go draw with them- I need Oliver to try them out, as soon as he wakes up from his nap. For the pin here is the link.
For now I'll go back to my favorite task....that isn't going anywhere fast.

No comments: