Friday, February 13, 2009

Ministry serving ideas

I have been praying about starting a teenage girls ministry.....but I am also seeing a real need for so many other ministry opportunities in our church such as a young married ministry. People reaching out to each other like Jonah and I. People that share goals and struggles, just like us. Right now Jonah and I are the most involved in our teen ministry which has been a great thing, but we are definitely not meeting people our age.....which leads us back to the sad realization that there really aren't a lot of people our age in our church.....apart from the 'school teacher' group that attend church because they teach at the church school.
Our church is not bringing in new younger families that decide to stay and join, and I wonder if that is because there really isn't much for them to become involved in getting to know other families their age.
So my question is what does your church do to reach these young couples and families? What ministry is working. Are you involved in one in particular? I'm just wondering what is lacking here......What is working for others?

No comments: