Friday, February 20, 2009

a movie night

Last night Jonah and I finally watched Fireproof together. We have talked about watching it since it came out. But after watching it I have to say it was pretty good. We both liked it. Granted there was some cheesiness to the acting, the emphasis was of course on the acting. We found ourselves laughing and really enjoying it. It was just really good.
If you haven't seen it go rent it! It's so nice to see such a positive and encouraging boost to marriage. What a beautiful and special relationship marriage is.
I am so thankful for my husband and that God blessed me by bringing us together.
The movie kind of gave me a 'push' in my heart to really stop and think about what I can do to love my husband more. It really doesn't come down to what I feel, but what I do.
I realize that God can give us the love we can't find within ourselves, a love that is greater than any human can posess. I think He did that for a reason.....so that we do come to His throne to experience a more intimate relationship with Him.
I am reminded of the illustration I heard in Sunday school since I was a little girl. In a triangle diagram, it shows you on one side, your husband on the other and God at the top and the closer you get to God the closer you become to each other.
Jonah and I are on definitely on a new path this year as we journey down the long road to become debt free. With that comes a decision on both our parts to be commited and faithful along the way....kind of like our decision when we made our vows.
Doing this together has been great for us because it's opened up avenues for us to talk, to dream to just learn more about each other, and I feel like God is working in each of us in a very different special way.
I am so thankful that God speaks, loves and listens to me in all my piddleings and ponderings. Sometimes it just takes doing one thing different that makes the difference.

No comments: