Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth



I'm so thankful that I was born in America. It's not something I chose but where God placed me. I think about others in foreign lands that don't have the same privileges I do. Freedom. The word makes me stop and give thanks. To those that fought for it, for my sake and those that live in the US of A. It's easy to take it for granted, I know. I've never personally had to engage in active war or hide from terrorists or dictators. I've never had to hide the Bible or what I believe in...That statement alone makes me even more thoughtful. If I've never had to hide it, why am I not more open to sharing it with others? I'm ashamed at myself and how isolated I make myself. I guess this is a rabbit trail that I don't need to take right now. But it's something that is definitely in my heart and something I will come back to at another time.
But for the fourth we went to church, then to a church cookout afterwards. It was Oliver's first church event and he slept like a champ. I only had to leave service at the end to feed him, otherwise he did great. I do love my sling, he sleeps curled up in it, plus it prevents others from touching his face and hands- yes I'm a little paranoid.
But Oliver's aunt gave him a fourth outfit, so we had to take some pictures! No fireworks for Oliver this year, but Jonah and I did get to see our own little show from the balcony of our apartment! From the east and west we saw different displays- it was so clear we had a great view and we didn't have to leave home! Next year will be different, that will be fun with a one year old!

No comments: