Friday, July 16, 2010

Home

We are home! At least moved into our new home. It's been a crazy CRAZY week so far. We had the wonderful help of family on Monday as we carted all our stuff-where it all came from I have no idea- from the apartment to our new house. My it was backbreaking to say the least. I guess everytime you move you forget how hard it is, kind of like giving birth right? Nah, I still remember everything about that :)
Oliver was a champ as always and did pretty well except for the evening, poor thing. Our move lasted from when we got up - last minute packing of kitchen items, and running to pick up the moving truck, and then proceeded up until around 11 at night. In between fighting some rain storms, and then when we arrived at our house laying down blankets to put our stuff on, it was crazy. Yes the blankets were needed because our carpet had been cleaned and it was still wet! So that was another added twist to our day.
I think it was so much harder this time because I couldn't do as much, and what I did do was so tiring since I was in between nursing and going on little sleep. Oliver is thriving and gaining so well, but he nurses about every 3 hours, which means little sleep for me and Jonah. I love nursing him and really am thankful he's such a great eater :) I keep reminding myself this is only a small season in my life, and what a great healthy choice for him.
We celebrated our six week milestone as well. Oliver is six weeks already! I am six weeks recovered too, and feel so much better even from last week. Maybe all those flights of stairs I went up and down during moving day helped me out. But it has flown by so quickly, and is filled with many memories and photos. I'm so glad we took so many pics and videos those first couple weeks because already he's changed and has gotten bigger!
So we are in our new place, new life and I'm very thankful for how God has abundantly blessed us. I know I complain sometimes of the work and tiredness but I am so very very grateful for everything I have. Now to unpack the boxes that await me...

No comments: