Thursday, July 22, 2010

Seven weeks

It's been seven weeks already, and our Oliver is growing and thriving each day. We are having so much fun being parents, regardless of the little sleep. It's funny how whenever we take him out strangers like to ooh and ahh over him, and those few that have been there ask, " Are you getting any sleep?". To which I reply, "Not really!" But it is so worth it. I know these days will be gone before we know it and he will be running around and we'll miss his babyhood.  So I'm trying to savor the moments, the cuddling, the sleeping baby on my chest, the soothing when he has a bellyache, the warm little bundle that we have grown to love so dearly.
In the move to our new house I packed up his baby book and have yet to uncover it...so I wanted to post some milestones for him through his first 7 weeks of life. See if I can remember:
Around week 2 or so he started smiling, big happy smiles.
Around week 5 he started having spit bubbles- producing more saliva in his glands I suppose.
Around week 6 he started noticing his toys and really started looking at them.
Yesterday on week 7 he reached up to me- I swear he did, because just when I thought he had just been flinging his hand around, he did it again, up to my face while looking at me and smiling and cooing. So precious!
His favorite things right now are definitely his swing with the little mobile that goes around. I put him in it and he lights up and just stares up at the mobile waiting for it to go! He will literally start smiling sometimes when he's looking at it. His baths are now so relaxing for him, and I know he likes them. Tonight I was rewarded with some smiles during it as I scrubbed him up. He loves to be talked to, he has since day one, he'll just look up and stare at you and add in his own little coos. I love hearing him! I thought I'd never say this about our own child but even his cries can sound cute to me. We are learning how to interpret his different cries, and have discovered his hurt one, whining one, and tired one. Tonight we discovered his- I'm just hungry one.
It's amazing being his mommy, and I'm so thankful for our gift from God. What's more amazing to me is that God loves us even more than we as parents love our little boy. What an awesome thought!

No comments: