Monday, July 19, 2010

aww life



My where has the summer gone? It is flying by so fast I can't believe it. But I always welcome the fall. It's amazing how you think you aren't ready to move on in life but as it goes by you find yourself ready for the next thing. I guess God made us that way, to take it one day at a time so that we don't get sick of something, kind of like the mannah he provided for the children of Israel.
I'm finding myself looking ahead to when the school year will start up and I'll be going back to work. How much different our life will be when we get back into the work world. It's been so nice to share our time together at home, I know we are blessed to be together- all three of us all summer.
I'm praying I'll be 'ready' when I do go back, with few tears and sadness :( I know it will be hard but I'm thankful I am only working 3 days a week, with hope and effort that I can minimize that even more in the near future. I know God has a plan for me and Jonah and Oliver and right now I'm just trusting we are making the right choice.
On another note, I'm loving being in a house. So much different from apartment living! Having room to spread out is amazing, we were so cramped in our little tiny space. I can finally put all of Oliver's things in his own room, and yesterday my dear sweet husband put together his lovely crib. I love it! I think Oliver does too, we turned on his mobile and he just looked and looked and smiled, and turned and checked out his fabulous bedding as well, I think he likes it!
Right now he's still near our bed in his bassinet but his day is coming soon when he'll sleep in his very own crib! So we have been slowly but surely making progress unpacking and unpacking and moving things around. So much fun to decide where we want everything to go! I can't wait until we unpack and get to finish the last touches- the pretty accents that make this home ours.
Here's a photo of Oliver in his new digs :) and we also wanted him to see what he thought of his giraffe toy- he won't be riding for a while, but oh so cute.

No comments: