Saturday, January 22, 2011

New things

I have been gone awhile. Well, not gone really, but focused on other things. It's been a fabulous year so far, and I give all credit of this to God. My God, my faithful, loving, HOLY God!
To read more of what's been going on in my life please visit here:
http://pouredforth.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/filled/
I have been spending time reading. So much reading. And praying and studying. This along with hanging out with two wonderful men in my life. Life has been full like never before!
I am spending my time differently this year. Not on purpose. I didn't set out with resolutions to change what I did with my time each day. Since January 3 (that Monday night I mentioned in my post I linked you to) I have felt the need, desire, urgency...to just dive into my Bible reading. I am following a wonderful through the Bible plan (and that was a 'resolution') with a passion. I am awed by who God has used in throughout the Bible. Scripture is so real, and I am again wondering why I didn't obtain all I was reading all my life in the Bible. Suddenly it's alive and I'm so interested.
Along with my Bible reading, I re-read Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. It was my second time reading this book, and this time around it was the perfect season in my life to read it again. I found myself nodding along with it in agreement on so many paragraphs. I have notes and notes scribbled in my journal, of certain statements I don't want to forget, things I need to remember. I underlined my way through the book this time too. Something I didn't do last time. I guess I get afraid of 'marking' up a book, trying to keep it as pristine as possible. I guess that has changed. I need to underline, to help me remember what I'm reading.
I've done this in my Bible as well.
I finished Crazy Love and I've moved onto a new book.
Can you guess what is not in my life right now?
T.V.
Not intentionally. I'm not saying this to state that I've given it up. I haven't.
I am just enjoying this time of soaking in all I'm learning. I was afraid in the first couple weeks to turn it on, for fear of not feeling the closeness I have with Jesus. Feeling His presence has been like a balm on my soul. It's been healing, loving and comforting. I know He is with me and I'm eager to listen to Him. The T.V. has a way of dulling down my conscience, and wasting away much time.
Right now all I know is I'm needing this in my life.
T.V. will be there.

No comments: