Saturday, July 9, 2011

Home with my men

It's been a lovely week. This past week was my first full week of being an official stay at home mom. There was a little fear in doing this. Fear of no longer relying on my income to get us through the months, fear of getting restless at being at home. However I can tell you I am not afraid. Having been home now for a bit, I know it's right. I know that I didn't make the wrong decision, or feel led that way.
I know it's where I am supposed to be.
This past week I had moments when I would allow my mind to look ahead to the future, and I would worry for a moment....but then I would see my sweet boy. Holding him in my arms as I carried him upstairs to bed brought in a wave of peace at this simple moment. How right it felt. Me being at home with him is almost more glorious than I thought! I love knowing I will be able to train him daily, that he will be with me to learn everyday things. This little man that we are training up will learn from us- and what we allow into his life. It's a great and awesome responsibility.
I was able to stop my mind from racing each night as I went into auto mode thinking about all the things I would have to prepare for my day at work the next day.  I realized again and again I wasn't going into work, and again there was that peace.
I never realized how all consuming it was even working 3 days a week. The juggling of my time, and the prep work it took to keep our home flowing as I was home every other day was tough. I take so much pleasure in keeping our home orderly, keeping it clean, keeping the pantry and fridge stocked, and our meals planned.
I'm excited to work harder at all of these tasks, as I haven't had the time to do so for years. I have a list of things that I am looking forward to checking off such as going through my closet and our rooms to get rid of things we can sell- every little bit helps!- and I know we have so much STUFF just sitting and being unused. Why keep it?
I am also looking forward to pursuing our business. It is photography and design and something we are passionate about. The design focus being my shop the itsybitsy store, and the photography part for now focusing on children, maternity and newborn. I'm soo excited to launch this!
Jonah's support in all of this has been absolutely amazing. I thank God for him, but also for the unity He has provided for us as we walk daily seeking His will.
I have already been able to see God providing for us in ways that I would have never dreamed of. Little things here and there assuring us of His provision. His love, His care.
My heart is so peaceful where I am right now. I am so very grateful for this, and truly there is no other place I'd be.
Above all I am so honored that God chose me to be Oliver's mom. Knowing that he will grow up with me there at home with him, knowing that I am there with him daily is such a blessing.
my men!

sweet happy boy

oliver
Being a wife and being a mom are roles that I take so much joy in. Thank you God for how GOOD you are!!

No comments: