Monday, May 4, 2009

thanks to God

I am tired today :). It's been a busy busy weekend. Aside from our date night on Friday, groceries and cleaning on Saturday and church and managing the youth coffee shop on Sunday- we had the opportunity to take on two extra jobs- one on Saturday working as manager on duty for the high school production at the performing arts center where I work and another on Sunday afternoon filming (and catching the show for free) of the musical "The Pirates of Penzance" because one of my coworkers (that was in it) called us last minute to see if we could film it, get paid, and see the show for free. It was a great musical, and a lot of fun to catch a professional musical.(it's been a while since Jonah and I saw a real musical, so good to hear how awesome their voices are)
We are working hard at earning extra money to put towards our debt snowball (Dave Ramsey plan we are on) and the Lord has blessed us with jobs here and there. How fortunate it is that I am able to pick up extra work centered around my current job, work with my husband, and also learn more about artsy things- theater, filming ect.
I have felt my interests and focus kind of moving towards photography more and more and I have been given open windows of opportunity this year. I'm excited to grow and learn more.
I realized this weekend that I always want to be learning more...not be in a stagnant place where you are just going along, complacent.
How much of a parallel that is with our Christian life. We should always be growing, learning moving. But I know it's easy to just sit back and soak in things around you. I do that too.
But I pray my life is one of growth so that I can fully serve in the ministry God has placed me in.

No comments: