Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Preschool Day 4

Onward upward! Day 4! We almost made it a week! Woohoo!
Honestly I was a little tired at this point. I know, seriously? It's only preschool?
It's just something new in our everyday, and starting a new routine, making changes can always be a challenge. Even if you enjoy them, somtimes it get's tiring. But I knew that the beginning would be the hardest, and once we'd get our stride we'd be on our way. (Truth, because I'm actually writing this the next week and feeling better about it all already.)
So, here is what day 4 looked like.
Little brothers napping schedule, our late start in the day and the morning in general didn't work out quite as smoothly as the last couple days. So, you roll with it and do the very best you can. We didn't get to do quite as much project wise, and that's okay. If Oliver shows signs of "okay, I'm completely done with this NOW" then I assess the situation, the mood, the time we've spent so far and make a decision to stop, or like we did this morning, take a walk outside while it's beautiful. Also walks are beneficial in lifting the moods of not one but two fussy, grump boys. It's amazing.
Okay, so here's what we did prior to the mad dash, um pleasant walk, outdoors.





After our routine things, we started in on some counting. I decided to change up the ducky scene, since Oliver was not into lady bug counting this morning. I had him match the mama duck and the babies on their corresponding numbers. He likes matching games, and he did great at this. I need to make more of these. (the ducky printout is on ABCJLM, and the yellow ducks I made out of construction paper)
We moved onto some painting icecream scoops and he did great finding colors, learning to rinse his brush between colors (well, kind of, still working on this) and very thoroughly painting each and every square inch of the shapes.
I think it was at this point we loaded up and went for a walk outside. And THAT was the best decision for this morning!


No comments: