Thursday, May 5, 2011

easter and such

We had a lovely Easter together. It's hard to believe that it was a couple weeks ago! Now here we are in May and my how it's flying by.
Our little Oliver is now 11 months and his big one year birthday is creeping closer and closer. He's learned soo much in these past couple months, it's been amazing. He crawls (army mostly, although he forgets he's on his knees sometimes), pulls up, crawled up a step and kept going with daddy behind him, eats more of what we eat (chunkier food), stands up in his crib, claps, mimics our faces and noises, says mama and dada clearly to us, waves of course, signs 'all done', and is working on tooth #4.
Goodness I never knew he would change so much SO quickly. Those rolly polly thighs, arms and cheeks are starting to thin out, sadly enough. I knew he wouldn't be a chunka monka forever. And I know that's a good thing!
We are counting down the days now until we leave for our DR mission trip. Well, maybe not counting down, just being very aware that it will be here before we know it. I'm still nervous about leaving our little boy behind for 9 days, but God has been working in my heart to prepare me and I know that once we are there, it will be peaceful and confirming. I'm looking forward to what God has for us there, how He will use us and those He will bring our way. I am also looking forward to the time 'alone' with Jonah. We have never been overnight somewhere without the little chunk, so it will be a growing experience all around. And serving God together is such a blessing. I am so thankful for a husband that leads on with a passion for Christ.
Our Easter was so nice, and we didn't get Oliver a basket- oh horrors, right? Not that I'm against it, all the candy and such, whatever. No I'm not an advocate of the Easter bunny persay, and we won't be teaching Oliver that he exists. I never once believed in him growing up, I only knew of Jesus and the tomb and how He rose again. I did get a chocolate bunny and a basket with treats though, and it was fun. So maybe when he's older, we'll see. We did go to a sunrise service together which was beautiful. I loved being outdoors to see that beautiful morning light and to picture what it must have been like all those years ago when the Mary's walked to the tomb. I think it will be a nice tradition to go to a sunrise service every year. I would even like to try the ones that are even earlier- we had ours at 7:30.
Here are a few shots of our sweet boy, getting all grown up, and a few random ones too.





1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Carrie. The glass bottles are just empty and cleaned Starbucks frapppacino bottles. Then I etched the initials onto them with etching cream. It is not terribly hard to do at all. When is your son's b-day? I will post a tutorial after the party...too much to do before hand.

Best,
Kim