Thursday, April 14, 2011

Business, gardening and such

Here we are in April. I'm wondering where March went. Oliver is now 10 months and moving all over the place. It's been an amazing change from months 8-10. He has been learning new things constantly and it's been so much fun to watch him. His latest discovery is mimicking us. He'll try to do the same face expression or movement that we do. It's hilarious to see this! Sometimes I can just see the wheels turning in his little mind...
Another thing he enjoys doing is putting his toys in secret places. One is a basket near our tv stand. He'll drag his blocks one by one over to it, reach up and drop them down into it. He also likes to take apart his soft stackable rings and shove them one by one through our ottoman that rocks. If he doesn't make it through with one he'll take it out and try again. His little mind is showing us how he is structured in his thought process, and I laughingly try to take credit for that. Ha! We all know though that Jonah is the organized mind in our family, even though I try!
I haven't posted pictures in oh so long, and I will leave with one before I go.
Today though I am venturing into a new exciting endeavor...gardening!
Jonah and I picked up organic seeds, soil, and some non-organic seedlings (couldn't find them as organic). We are digging up a patch in our backyard today to plant our veggies. I'm excited to do this, as I have high hopes for our plants growing and NOT dying, as I tend to do with houseplants. I chose veggies that I know Oliver likes, and we do (except for the peas, blahhhh!) and that are expensive to buy organic. I'm hoping to save us some money there once they come in. I know it will be a couple months before they grow but I'm looking forward to watching them, and teaching Oliver about planting. Granted he may be little and not understand, but I try to involve him even now in my everyday tasks. Training him up!
Other things on our plate:
we are developing our business plan even more, so the grand opening of it has been delayed. By grand opening, I mean sharing our blog and facebook page. Website will be down the road. Our vision for what we want it to be has been slightly skewed over the past sessions. So we are deciding which direction we want to take it. It may turn into a couple businesses under one umbrella name. This sounds complicated but it would all relate into one nice little package.
We are praying for wisdom and timing with this and have peace in knowing God is working out each detail along the way. One of these is an upcoming meeting with a local photography husband and wife team, whose work we kind of drool over. They have a direction in their work that we know we want to go. They are meeting with us next week, just to talk shop. They are similiar in their beliefs as stated on their website and open to meeting with others to share their story.
So that's exciting for us to hear from others in the field.
For now that's where I'll leave as I have a talking little boy at my feet. Someone's ready to eat!

Oliver loved loved loved the huge helium balloons. This is like his second time seeing balloons and he was so excited he couldn't even get his laugh out, there were squeals!

No comments: