Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It's been a while

So it's been awhile since I posted here.
Honestly the arrival of baby boy #2 really threw me for a loop. I didn't realize how busy it would be with two little ones under 3. It took me a while to get my bearings again. I'd say a good 4 months or so went by before I felt like things were getting into more of a routine. But what joy these two boys bring into our lives. I am writing with hopes to keep this updated, but I am not sure how often I can update. I could go back the past several months and update what our going on's have been but I think I'll start right where we are today.
Aleksandr is our sweet little baby boy, born to us on August 27. He is 7 months now (wow!) and makes us laugh each day. So much different from his big brother. Having a second child made me remember so much more about my first child. Like when he slept through the night, started teething, started solids, rolled over, sat up etc. I think Aleksandr has mastered some of these things much earlier than his older brother did, and he has a much different personality too. I know we were surprised (and still are) when he started trying to crawl at 5.5 months. Oliver waited until he was about 8 months to even think about moving. Now little A is crawling faster and faster on his little chunky knees and it's adorable to watch. Especially when he pushes up on his toes with his rump in the air. Just today he managed to get both hands up on the ottoman and pulled up to stand at it. 7 months old! I'm seeing early walking here too. Sigh. He is growing too fast for my liking!
I am thinking that the influence of his older brother plays a part in his fast paced learning.
I love watching the two boys together. They are sweet gifts to us and we thank God for them daily.
easter 2013


sweet aleksandr at 7 months

No comments: