Thursday, October 17, 2013

Out of Darkness: bringing light to a very dark place

Amidst the everyday of being home training two little boys and all the going on's that go along with that, Jonah and I have been praying and seeking the Lord about a specific ministry we feel led to serve in. I was asked to write a blog post about it for a site called the Middle Places, a place where several women come together to blog about their own "middle place" and how God is working in them. I wanted to post it here for my readers, and for my own access, so I can remember my thoughts at this point in the journey.
You can read it here.
We are slowly going through the steps now to become a part of this organization as volunteers, and I'm eager and waiting to see where God directs. I know He is before us on this journey and I'm praying for His Spirit to lead, to prepare us now for helping bring His light to these women. Please pray for us as it's not a place that the Enemy wants exposed. But HE is GREATER and He is victorious!

1 comment:

Anglican Mama said...

Oh my, I have no words. I'm so overwhelmed with a need to pray for you and your family. And with a sober urge to rejoice in your willingness to obey, even in such a difficult calling.
I have also had an inclination in my heart for trafficking, and ironically, ever since I went to Passion 2010 in Atlanta.

Will be saying a prayer for you guys tonight. Thank you for sharing this part of your journey and how the Lord is working with your sweet family.