Wednesday, October 22, 2008

happy Wednesday

Wow a lot of time has gone by since I posted. How crazy and busy our lives are! The older I get the more I realize time never slows down, you never find more time for things or someone, you have to make it. God has been so good and so faithful to me no matter how much time I waste on myself, and what I choose to do. 
Today was Wednesday, our busy day. On top of a hectic run-around day at work, we both drive over to church to work with our youth group. Teenagers are a lot of fun, a lot of energy and they can teach you a lot about yourself. I remember when we first started helping out in the youth group...it wasn't my idea. But I gave it a try and here we are a couple years later getting to know these kids more and more, and also getting to know ourselves as well. Suddenly what we said or how we acted carried so much more weight in the presence of teenagers. How influential we are I may never know, but I pray we provide that level of trust and love I know I longed for in my own teen years, somehow I'm pretty sure you never lose that feeling of wanting to belong, to be understood and to be loved. My job also allows me to be around young people- pretty ironic considering I was intimidated by them a couple years ago. I sometimes feel like God is trying to teach me a lot about myself....and I think I fail a lot of the tests. I really don't want to turn into that crochety mean adult that everyone gets quiet around! Love is a definite gift from God, a daily choice! 
But tonights message focused on being still. Hearing God. Renewal. I needed to hear it. I run and run until I finally slow down at night and end up falling asleep on the couch next to my husband....sigh. I feel so old when that happens! How important it is to take moments alone with God to hear only Him, no t.v. or radio, no chitter chatter, or cars, just silent blessed peace where you can close your eyes and just spend moments talking and listening to the One who so desperately wants to talk. My Best Friend. How do we remain best friends when I don't spend time together with Him? 
Good thoughts, pushing me to get back on track in my own devotions.

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Good message Carrie :-)