Wednesday, October 8, 2008

submission

I will admit that I can be bull-headed sometimes. Well quite often actually. I get set in my ways, in my mind and in my heart and it can take a lot for me to change. Usually after I am mad about something and I give it a little time, my heart will change and start to feel tender about what I shouldn't have said or done. I have kind of been feeling like that when it comes to a few issues going on in my life. I have felt like my husband is moving one direction and not my direction. Even as I write that I feel the self-centeredness of it all. I struggle with being selfish, I always have....maybe it's that last child-baby-complex of being spoiled. Which I have continually denied to all of my sisters!
But whatever the case God has a way of reaching down and speaking to me, which He did this morning through Ruth 1:16,17. I'm sure everyone is familiar with these verses, but today I really needed to be reminded of them: And Ruth said, intreat me not to leave thee,or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
I know that these verses are used in weddings, but they are reminder to me of whole hearted submission and love. How often I fail in those areas, Ruth is such a good example to me, to each of us as to how we can show devotion, love and submission to not only our husbands, but to our Lord. Laying down our lives to follow Him as He leads.

No comments: