Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Monday

The weekend just flew by it seems....but it was fun! I did make my luscious apple pie- which we are still enjoying. We also spent most of Saturday back at school (we love it so much we can't stay away :)) hardee har har. We actually spent the day and evening back stage photographing the high school production. Which was awesome. It was my first time backstage the whole play and Jonah's second or third or fourth. He helped 'direct' me with lighting and such. It was a lot of fun watching them switch out in between scenes and run back and forth. I never really 'watched' the actual performance because we were so busy avoiding curtains coming down, scene changes, performers running back to change, while adjusting our camera's lighting, aperature, shutterspeed just racing to keep up with light changes on stage. It was a lot of fun and in the end I think I gained some experience with theatre shooting and ended up with some great shots- very dramatic. I love photography and my favorite shooting will always be candid of people, but this was a new experience to add depth to my abilities.
I also had a lot of fun with Jonah- it was another side of him that he is passionate about and knowledgeable as well. I just love that man.
We spent Sunday at church and in the afternoon I did get to work on more of my children's tags for the holidays. Of course everytime I finish one I sit back and think hmmm I don't really like it. So I will keep workin on it. I plan to schedule time since my deadline to finish and have everything printed, packaged and priced is November 13. I have a little time left. I plan on posting the good ones on Etsy too.
Voting is also right around the corner.....we are mailing in absentee ballots to avoid the crazy mile long lines. We sure do need to pray for our president as the days roll by.
That's all for now, just another windy Monday, mmm breathing in the crisp beautiful air.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Carrie, memeber me??? I´ll give you a guess.. when you were little you use to say "Can we go in the cow" instead of car. This is one of my memories of you. Isn´t it cute. I loved how you talked as a youngster. I guess I don´t really know you though and would love to catch up a bit. I am a blast from your past. :) Danielle (Hopkins) Contreras

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. :) Laura said you graduated from PCC. Did you like it? prob. like us... at times right. jeje. I couldn´t imagine going there now. It´s gotten soo huge! I would love to see a picture of you and your hubby. Could you catch me up on some news?