Sunday, August 2, 2009

girl print

I created a new print today, thanks to the suggestion of a fellow etsy member. Girl themed, I am interested to see how this one will do in my shop.

It's nice to add a checkmark to something in my ever-growing list. I have many more ideas waiting to come out, with time.
Today I spent the day at home with my hubby. He hurt his back last night during a volleyball game with friends. I was home with him helping in any way I could. He will probably go to our chiropractor tomorrow, please pray for his back to heal quickly as school is starting this week- well for teaching staff anyways.
It was kind of nice to just be still and quiet with him today-something we don't really do a lot of. We had some Christian music on and we just laid together and 'napped' for a little while. I can't really sleep with music or any noise, so I just enjoyed the quiet togetherness, while listening to the quiet praise music. It was really nice, and it made me wonder why we don't take more time like that together, simply letting the 'must do's' of every day life creep in and steal our time, our thoughts, our days. I had my own devotions and really just tried to keep my heart open and ready for listening to Him.
My heart lately has had a desire to know Him more. Really take time to get to know Him more. It's too easy and monotonous to let someone else tell you all about Him. I think God seeks a personal intimate relationship with us and it's up to us to seek Him out. He is always there ready and waiting. Kind of makes me tear up almost to think about that. How many times have I turned from Him, and He so lovingly takes me back every time.
Jonah spoke this past Wednesday for youth group and his message was about the prodigal son, and how in the end his father continued to take him back regardless of all that the son went through- the selfishness, the worldliness. It was really a great reminder to me, and just what I needed to hear again. How forgiving our Father is. How loving He is. How unfailing He is. I do want to strive to not make the same mistakes over and over again, but I can rest in the peace and knowledge that I am forgiven and will be forgiven for my sins that I fall into again- much like potholes in the walk of life. Have a wonderful Sunday fellow readers and writers alike!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute stuff! I posted Laura´s etsy on my blog would you like me to post yours too?