Monday, December 21, 2009

Making memories

We have officially started our nice long 2 week break for Christmas. Augh, yes two whole weeks. Today was the first day at home and I was able to catch up on laundry, vacuum, and empty the dishwasher. Now I have plans for shrimp scampi for dinner. I spent a little time downloading our weekend pictures too. We went down to visit with Jonah's side of the family for the weekend, since the whole family (all the siblings) were in town. We'll head back to his parents for Christmas.
We all had a wonderful time together, and I was able to meet my brother in law's new girlfriend, whom we love! My sister in law and I already decided if they broke up we would keep her and send her Christmas cards! I do pray if it's right that they stay together :) It's always fun to add new 'sister's' to the family.
We ended up going to Stone Mountain Christmas Saturday night which was pretty chilly but fun. I took some photos of family and hanging out. Friday night we had dinner at Jonah's sister's house and gave gifts to the kids. That was fun, to watch them get excited about their gifts. We went low key with gifts and stayed within our budget but we picked things we knew they would like. I love watching others open up
something I know they'll like, it's almost more exciting than receiving a gift yourself!
Now I'm back in our little home relishing in the fact I don't have to go anywhere, that I can go out tomorrow. Jonah is out shopping for me- finishing up his Christmas list. I told him I don't need anything else, he already bought me a couple things. But I certainly won't twist his arm :)
I am looking forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas, and I'm looking forward to remembering and reading the Christmas story. It's been a wonderful blessing filled year, and I love that we can wind down and savor these special days. Family is truly the best gift of all, apart from what our Lord gave us- His Son. I really do miss my side of the family as they gather in various parts of the country, but I'm warmed in the heart that we all love each other and will be thinking of one another across the miles, until the next time we can get together.
Here are a few photos of family and memories:



No comments: