Thursday, December 17, 2009

Break list

Well it is nearly that time of year again- Christmas break.
With this break so close I am thinking ahead to how many things I can get accomplished over the 2 week break (yeah 2 whole weeks!) My list feels long in my mind and I don't want to go into the break having done nothing but relax. Although that is also on the list.
No with such a big chance to do so much I thought I would write my list here so that I can be accountable to the blog world if not myself. It's so funny that I went into this season with so many plans to do so many big things- like mounds of Christmas baking and homemade gifts. Design projects I could make for family, a decked out home for the holidays...
Well I may not have been able to do everything but I'm not discouraged in that. I have been able to just enjoy our tree glowing in the evening, the occasional popped corn to munch on, holiday music in the car, and the Christmas specials that come on tv. I've also been able to attend two Christmas concerts- actually 3 counting our church Christmas cantata. Gifts are almost all wrapped, and that feels pretty good.
Back to my list though, here goes for the upcoming break:
Thoroughly dust and vacuum (including under the bed where it's very sneezy)
Take apart our art room/studio and reorganize, donate and clean. Phewww that will be a big project for us, we have bins of things we need to clean out and get rid of all the things we don't use.
Purchase storage bins for the art studio.
Purge, purge, purge, closets and pantry/cupboards.
Change out shower curtain. (ah, a nice small task)
Drop off all give away items to goodwill.
Drop off all sellable items to consignment.
Create goals for my shop, including project goals, and when I will post items.
Purchase matching albums and organize photos into them.
Read.
Put away tree and decor.

I think that is about it. I can think of many creative items I would like to add to the list, but that can overwhelm me for some reason. I think always being creative can drown you if you don't funnel the tasks into obtainable goals.
I have a lot of things I enjoy such as illustrating, writing and designing children's things. I just haven't been back to these hobbies in a while. Maybe I will revisit them over the break?
I'm wondering if anyone else has a list this long waiting for them to tackle?
I'm going to pray for this list and ask God to help me accomplish some of it...I know it's a big list. And wouldn't it be grand to get it all done? Even I know myself well enough to know that is probably not going to happen. But it's nice to make some goals!