Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy thoughts

We had the priviledge of seeing Chris Tomlin and Louis Giglio this past Saturday night in a Christmas concert. Chris sang beautifully and Lois spoke- which was amazing.
His message was centered on the birth of Christ. I know we have heard this story, and we read it every year around this time, if not on the day of Christmas.
But this time I heard it, it was different.
I can't express quite how different it was. But it was a good different. The kind that made you think of that night in so much detail that it brought you to tears to think about what Jesus did for us. I haven't heard a message so good, and so relevant about Christmas in a long time.
I think I may post more about it on another time. I just know I don't want to forget, like we tend to do.
We also attended our last Finacial Peace University class! Thirteen weeks of sessions done already! I can't believe we are done, we really enjoyed the class overall. Especially last nights session. It was about giving. The stories we heard were so moving, about people being able to give financially. One story was about a couple that had about $10,000 of debt left. To make a long story short, God provided another couple out of the blue that actually wrote the check for their remaining debt, allowing them the opportunity to adopt (which is what they wanted to do when they were out of debt). The story was one of those 'wow' ones, where you can't even imagine what it's like to be that financially able to give so generously.
Jonah and I both loved this session as I think the biggest thing we would love to be able to do is give more. We are able to give a little, but to be able to help someone else in such a mighty way is amazing. The other message of the night was about being a steward of what we have. I think paying off debt is a great thing, because it allows you to be used by God- distributing what is already His. We are simply watching it for Him. What a mighty responsibility that is.
Just a few thoughts from me as we head into the holiday season. Hope everyone has a wonderful week, walking with the Saviour.

No comments: