Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thanks

Is it Friday yet? It feels like it is in some odd way, but one more day! Did you ever feel like that in your week? We've been so busy as usual, at work and at home. I've been taking it a little easier, especially when we get home from work. Instead of my scurrying around to clean up and fix dinner I rest on the couch with Jonah....lately we've been taking little naps together. It's a nice way to make myself relax, and I'm trying to teach my mind to as well!
We've had 2 baby showers in the past week and we have one more this weekend. I'm truly overwhelmed at the generosity of friends, coworkers and family. We now have our crib and travel system (carseat and stroller) along with many other gifts that we love. What a huge blessing to receive those big items since they are expensive. I can look around at all the gifts from others and once again see how God continues to provide for us. We haven't allowed ourselves to worry about how we can afford the bigger items but we waited to see when we would buy them- or find a deal. So having them given to us was so exciting! Since we are living in a small apartment we weren't really concerned about setting up a nursery. I have to say in the beginning of the pregnancy I was like many other women- wanting everything all set up in a painted lovely organized nursery and I wanted to move to a house regardless of all the money we would be losing by getting out of our lease early.
Truly it was the Lord that changed my heart. My husband is oftentimes wiser when it comes to financial decisions and he saw the need to stay where we were until our lease ended (after the birth). I had doubts and concerns and selfish reasons for wanting to move. It wasn't easy or fast that I came to a peace about trusting him and trusting God about where we needed to be right now. But now I can say I'm so thankful we are where we are. For one I think I would be with other moms- freaking out about finishing the nursery to have it just right for the baby- who in reality won't really care about the wall color or bedding. It takes so much pressure off me right now, which I think God knew I would need. We have a bassinet, graciously given to us by friends and we have some inexpensive dressers I found on Craigslist, that are filled with his little clothes, shoes, hats, bibs and blankets. I have yet to re-situate everything. My sister in law gave us garbage bags full of clothes, bibs, bottles, some shoes, blankets and burp clothes for our son, that she is not using (she has a little boy too), so those along with all our gifts are waiting to be unpacked, washed and put away- well at least moved out of our living room. I am not complaining one bit about the stuff sitting where it is though. I am reminded of the generosity of others, the coming birth of our son, and the abundance of God's provision everytime we come home.
Needless to say I have many thankyou cards to write, which I am excited about. One thing at a time, I'm learning!

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Wow, isn't God good? :-) Happy to hear you have been blessed.