Tuesday, April 27, 2010

checking the list off

We had our 34 week appt. yesterday and baby Fisher is doing great! I read somewhere that by this point he could be in the position for birth...but he's still so active I am thinking maybe not. My doctor said at our next appt. (36) she will check his position and my progress. Praying for head down!
We went over our birth plan with her too, and it was great to discuss everything we would like to happen in a 'perfect' birth and to hear her thoughts about everything. She explained the reason for certain things and we left feeling pretty good about each decision.
Our next big thing to check off is our hospital tour scheduled for this weekend. Yeah! I'm thrilled to get these things done, even though I know it's not the most important thing in the world if we never made a tour.
We also have been busy busy on Craigslist. Jonah recently discovered if you type in your town in the search it pulls up everything in your town! So we have been finding some great deals right here where we live, instead of having to drive for an hour. We have picked up a bumbo with a tray (I actually got a bumbo for a shower gift, but no tray, so we'll return it and buy something else we need), a monkey harness (for $5 we couldn't pass it up- I'll have to post a pic of it), a bathtub that I had registered for but didn't receive, an extra carseat base for our other vehicle (only $10, they are around $40 new), and our favorite deal, a lovely lamb papasan swing we got for a deal, and it looks new, I'll post pics of it too.
We have so many baby things now, it's amazing how it accumulates in our little place. But what an awesome feeling to get things for bargain prices, along with the gifts our friends generously gave us. It's a busy week ahead at work, so I'm glad we were able to swing by and pick up some craigslist finds today and yesterday. Relief= getting things off your list, off your mind.

No comments: