Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Faithful

I had a moment last night- a "plom" moment as my mom would often say (poor little old me). It's amazing to me how satan can prey on us in our weakest moments, as well as our weakest defenses. Mine would be my emotions and my thoughts, and I very much felt sorry for myself.
In light of all the big decisions we have been making lately I started to doubt and worry and second guess why we made those decisions. One being work. Would I continue to work, or would I have to find childcare for our precious son? This has been a huge area of stress for me, more emotionally than anything. I turned to the Lord for prayer and guidance, we both did. We've prayed about it many times and before choosing what to do we prayed again.
In the end we chose for me to cut back my hours, which would still allow me to have some medical benefits where I work, but also allow me some time at home with our son. (I'll work 3 days) I can say I felt peace about this in a sad way- sad because I knew our son would be with someone else on those 3 days. But as my mind wrestled back and forth with this, I also knew we wouldn't be in this situation forever, it too is temporary. And sometimes when God doesn't spell it on the pavement for you, you have to move in the direction you feel He's leading you until He closes a door. So this is how we came to our decision.
God is so good. Can I just say that? He never misleads or fails us, if we are faithful to follow Him.
My heart may question- is this right?? But I know He'll provide another way if there is one.
Financially we are focusing on paying off all of our debt (we have student loans left) and until we can do that we won't be as free to live the life we want to, which would include me pursuing my personal business perhaps, but definitely caring for our family full time. Work/career  has never been a driving force in my life, but a necessary one. I feel blessed to have so many creative interests that both Jonah and I enjoy and would like to pursue, but all in time.
So I'm looking at this as not forever, and also reminding myself how precious the time will be when I am home with our son, and that my working will help us pull out of debt even faster. It still looks like it will be tight for us financially but I'm not worried about it. This is where He called us and He is faithful to provide.
I'm reminded by so many things around me- including baby items, and of course our lovely glider and ottoman. How can I sink into a plom mood when He continues to love on us the way He does?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I am so happy that you are able to stay home a few days. I know it might not be exactly as you desire but God always takes care of his children. It's amazing what you can live without. When I went part-time my income was split in half, that's huge. But God provides and we don't need. I will pray that you can cut back more in time. That is where I stand now...do I or don't I go back to work after baby #2.