Thursday, June 3, 2010

Welcome to the world!

He is here! I can't believe it, today was such a whirlwind day. We had our doctor appt. scheduled for late this afternoon which would tell us if he had turned or not, and I ended up starting my day with contractions. I went into work, since it was my last day before maternity leave and sent Jonah back home to grab our bags for us since my contractions were definitely not Braxton Hicks. After calling my doctor and being told to head to the hospital we did....not really knowing today would be the day.
I had the nurses check his position, praying for a turn, and they told us yes he was head down...We were thrilled and ready to labor naturally to delivery... Until my doctor came by and double checked with an ultrasound herself. This was after she had broken my water to be sure of his position (I was dilated at a 3). And to our shock he was still breech. So in the end it was kind of up and down since we were praising the Lord for a turn, but ended up he didn't turn.
After that we pretty much went straight to the operating table for a c section. I think because it was so fast I didn't have a lot of time to think, hey I'm about to meet our son. Since we were thinking we wouldn't actually meet him til the weekend.
But there we were together in surgery, and Jonah was able to take photos and be there to see his son enter the world. I saw the photos too, of the whole thing and it didn't scare me or make me queasy. It was actually pretty neat. He came out butt first! How funny was that!
But the first time I saw him he was so perfect and pink and clean and so beautiful. It's amazzzing to finally meet this little one  that was curled up in my womb all these months. I am still baffled that he fit in there, sure was squooshed up!
But he is here and I can here him breathing next to me, so grateful for him, for my loving husband  (who is handling everything like a pro, even the diaper changes) and for this gift. God truly worked out everything again and I can't look back with regrets because I know how much these moments have been prayed for.
Oh yes his name, I will share that next time and hopefully more details, right now I'm avoiding too many keys on the keyboard since it's just balanced to not hurt me!
What a blessing it is to meet him though after all this time, and on his own schedule!

2 comments:

slt said...

BoooooHooooing over here in South Georgia! He is PRECIOUS Carrie! I am so thankful all went well for you! I CANNOT wait to know his name and his stats! Congratulations!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Aww congrats!!! He is SO SO precious!! I have been thinking of you...so glad everything went well. Hope your recovery is going great...get up and move even though it's painful! I promise it gets much better, especially after the one week mark. Can't wait to hear more...congrats again!