Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day

Today was Jonah's first fathers day! What a special day to celebrate. I love my dad and I'm so thankful for him- he is actually going through a lot today due to a kidney stone passing through him. My heart and prayers go out to him since I know it's the equivalent of labor for a man. But this fathers day has made me realize how much more I'm thankful for him as I've been watching Jonah as a dad. He is an amazing father, and has been such a joy to watch with Oliver. It's so natural for him, like second nature. I never really knew what it would be like with us as parents, but watching Jonah and realizing all those years ago that my dad went through many similar experiences has made me appreciate this special day even more.

For a gift I had Oliver help me make a special surprise for Jonah. It wasn't easy to get Oliver's little hand prints on this! I used watercolors and painted his little palms and carefully pressed them on here (this is attempt number 2), he was sleeping when I did this! But in the end I wanted Jonah to have a special print for his desk for work. This was one of the many we took when Oliver was 8 days old. He's now 18 days! My time is flying by!

1 comment:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

What a neat gift! I LOVE that picture of Oliver too - he is so precious! You did great taking his pictures!! :)