Monday, September 13, 2010

3 month milestone, and future food plans

Guess who is sleeping through the night? All of us! Oliver has been on a roll, the past couple nights. We finally made the transition from bassinet to crib and it's been rough not having him near us, but it's good for all of us for him to get more sleep- which means we get more sleep.
I was beginning to think I'd have to always get in that 2 or 3a.m. feeding! He is past 3 months old now so it's time, I'd say.
We had a busy weekend, filled with grocery shopping and painting. We finally painted our downstairs bathroom that was dying to have paint on it's walls. The walls were stripped down, because some hideous wallpaper was on them, so it looks nice and fresh now. I didn't realize how much work it was to paint such a small room, but I'm glad it's done. We also spent a good chunk of our time getting groceries.
Now if you have read any of my blog you know I'm a couponer. I have recently gotten into even more, so I spent a good portion of time, organizing and planning out what sales were where and what coupons I have. It's really a strategy, but in the end so worth it if you make time for it. We ended up getting a good deal at CVS- using my CVS card to earn Extra Care Bucks. (did you even know about these??) We spent around $36, but received $15 ECB, which equals cash at CVS. We also bought some stuff for great prices- a huge package of Pampers for only $17 + a coupon for $1 off , 2 packs of wipes (72 count) for $5, and I also had a Revlon coupon and applied that to a sale they had on makeup.
Our grocery stores here are Publix and Kroger, and we went to both- Publix for some B1G1 sales, and Kroger for some great meat sales. It's so exciting to stretch your dollars and pay for your necessities for a low price. It's like your beating the system somehow.
Another new thing we are going to try this week is something called Farmers Market Baskets. They are fresh produce baskets literally delivered from local farms and are filled with the seasons fresh fruits and veggies. You can order them and pick up either organic or traditional baskets and they seem to be a good price. The only thing about them is that it's all seasonal stuff so you may get a bunch of new things you don't normally buy. But I think it will be good for us to make us try new things. Good for our bodies too to have different vitamins given to us! So that is Thursday, I'm excited to see whats in our basket!
My ultimate goal is to start weaning out processed, and sugary foods. Especially once Oliver starts eating foods, I'm planning on making my own food for him-yikes, I know- but I've seen it done through a friend and if I can just make some time to cook batches and freeze it, I know it will be worth it. But thats not for a little while still. I'm excited about it though.  If anyone out there has any good tips about making babyfood, I'd love to hear from you!
On another note, we are taking Olivers 3 month photos this week, and I'm excited about it. I'll have to post some when we get them done!
He has been growing leaps and bounds and the last time we weighed him he was around 15 lbs., what  a chunker. We love to kiss his rolly legs and buddah belly, and squeeze his chunky little cheeks. He has also started to kick so hard now. We lay him down on his playmat and his whole body goes at it, almost like he's swimming! He just started kicking harder at bathtime too, and I get soaked after his bath! I love it, it makes me laugh! He is doing much better in his bumbo now too, especially since I put his tray on it, so he can see whatever toy I put in front of him. He has been grabbing onto things and likes one toy in particular that is a big horse with a little rider on it that makes lots of crinkly noises when he touches it. It goes right to the mouth as everything does these days.
He's been drooling more and more and I'm thinking bibs may need to be broken out soon. I'm so excited to feel a chill in the air here lately, and I'm holding my breath hoping fall weather will arrive. I LOVE fall!!  And this year is so exciting having Oliver here to share it with. We have so much we want to show him too, like pumpkins and orchards, leaves and all the fun seasonal things yet to come. It's going to be a very special time for us. Oliver has also grown out of newborn stuff, and a lot of his 0-3 month stuff. He's in the 3-6 month range now, and I'm trying to see what fall stuff we have for him. He's been growing so fast, it won't surprise me if he can start fitting into some of his bigger stuff in the back of the closet (the 6-9 month). I have a box in his room that I am starting to fill with things he no longer fits, sigh. I'm thrilled to see him grow, but it's kinda sad to put his teeny tiny things away!
Well, I better end there, work is calling me. Have a wonderful Monday.

No comments: