Sunday, September 26, 2010

yard sale'in

So we woke up pretty early yesterday morning, thank you Oliver.
It is the norm for us now...gone are the days of sleeping in. Well at least really sleeping in, for us sleeping past 7 is a treat! But it was a beautiful fall morning and we took advantage of it by heading out to some community yard sales. It was so much fun walking around in the beautiful fall weather. Finally a relief from the horrible heat here.
We found some great deals too and took home some games, toys, and clothes for our boy. It's always so much fun to find high quality things for next to nothing. 'New' clothes for Oliver at $1 a piece is hard to beat. Name brand even, like baby Gap which I adore.
We also found the tiniest little tie for him. We actually got this thrown into another purchase for free. So this morning I got to dress him up with it on for church.
It was too darn cute! I dressed him and sat him in the glider while we ate breakfast and Jonah nudged me to look over at our son, and there he was holding the tie in his hand. I guess he somehow pulled it off and accidentally got it tucked in his little hand, and was smiling over there to beat all.
So it was kind of a little bit of work to keep it on, but worth the cuteness! I love my men so much, they are so handsome, and so wonderful. God has been good to give them to me, and I'm so very grateful.

No comments: