Monday, May 7, 2012

May!

It's May!
What? When did that happen? I'm seriously losing all sense of time this year. Maybe it was the morning sickness, neverending, four month hiatus. Perhaps.
But here we are in May and that means we will be celebrating our wee boy's 2 year birthday!
Even though he is actually turning 2 June 2, we decided to have his party on Memorial Day- so it's the same week, just at the beginning.
With that being said I have been delaying, um procrastinating on his invite. Now here we are in May and I know they need to be sent so that some of our friends can come!
I set out thinking I could design my own invite on evite.com.
Well that was like a sinking ship from the start.
I'm not sure if anyone else has had success designing their own invites (by design I mean creating everything yourself, its the design nerd in me) in this program.
Frustrating.
That pretty much sums up my experience with it.
I chose the option to design my own- and it gives you choices to upload your own images for the background and graphics used on it.
But it doesn't update, or work correctly.
I would create my own background and upload it only to have them drop in their own.
I also did this for a graphic only to have them place in their own clip art of baby bottles and flowers.
Really?
I tried, truly several times to go through and use what they would allow me, but to no avail.
I'm done with evite. Goodbye evite it's been a useless relationship.
So, I decided to make my own from scratch, turn it into a pdf, and email this way. I know it's not going to have the fields for a quick response from friends but I will just have to rely on the old fashioned rsvp- through my phone.
Here is our little boy's invite- censored to keep out personal info for all those out there in the world I don't know.

1 comment:

Thea Nelson said...

Cute invitation!! And how on earth is Oliver Q. turning two? Time flies. Precious boy! :)