Wednesday, May 23, 2012

oliver's first haircut

Well, it was getting to be a bit shaggy. Between the fuzz curls in the back and the long bangs in the front that literally blocked his vision on occasion I knew it was time (actually overdue) to have Oliver get his very first haircut.
I considered doing it myself, and let me say I am so glad I didn't take that route. I can see visions of a very squared off nerdy hair style on our little boy. I really don't know what I'm doing with scissors, and taking a pair of clippers to his thin little hair would have probably left him bald.
Sooo the next option was an actual salon or an even better one- our friend would do it that is also a hair stylist. A very good one too.
She ended up coming to our house since it worked out that way, for that day.
It was great- I'm thankful it was at our house as we weren't sure how Oliver would react to sitting still with someone clipping away at his hair. We sat him in his chair that he eats in and we offered him his favorite treat these days- grapes.
He did great! No tears until after, when I asked our friend to get a picture with him. I guess it freaked him out to be in her arms after the long (um, 10 minutes?) haircut.
I saved some of his little curls of blonde hair for his book. I'm thinking one day his hair color will turn dark like Jonah and I, but it will be fun to look back at his baby locks.
Here are some photos from the grand event!
(please ignore the homely picture of me with him at the end, I had taken a shower to get my own haircut and well, yeah.)














No comments: