Thursday, May 3, 2012

alphabet

I have been ambitious this week!
At least I've been doing new projects daily, not on purpose though. My energy is up and my sickness from the baby is down! A great twist after months of feeling so blah.
Yesterday I got it in my mind that I would make Oliver some alphabet cards. Granted I already made some smaller ones, I thought I would make giant cards, and make them much nicer than my smaller ones. He has learned all of his letters, and I thought it would be good for him to start associating pictures with each letter. So I made the alphabet on the front with a word, and on the back created an illustration for each word/letter. He does really well with remembering what pictures are what since he loves books. Picture books are wonderful at this age as he seems to soak it all up in his ever growing memory.
I am still debating if I'll round the corners and laminate. We'll see. It would be nice if they can last to our next son, without getting beat up, bent, and chewed on.
I had a great time drawing and coloring! I haven't illustrated in so long and it felt good to be back at it.
Here are the cards, a few favorites being the umbrella (with Oliver's name on it) and I do like the xylophone.






No comments: