Friday, May 11, 2012

New ideas for Oliver/toddlers

It's been a somewhat tiring week. I've battled with allergies, and a little boy waking up at 6ish each day.
Normally Oliver sleeps in until around 7. And I really don't mind him getting up earlier, it's just how he's been getting up.
He's been waking up crying and calling out for me, or for Jonah.
Not sure what is going on, teething? Cold?
It's been getting somewhat cool at night so I'm wondering if we just need to try adding another layer on him. Maybe we will tonight.
Needless to say it's never a great wake up with a fussy little boy. So I am hoping we can figure this thing out!
But we haven't tried anything new, project wise this week.
I was looking at a pin on pinterest though, which led me to her blog, and I am finding some great new ideas that I would like to try out with Oliver.
Knowing I get overwhelmed by too many choices (she has  101 things to do with toddlers- yikes) I thought I would narrow down a few and list them out to give me some focus!
Her blog is here if you'd like to browse through her ideas.
So here goes:
Muffin tin Mondays- making meals in muffin tins (she also includes ideas for meals).
Collect rocks in a basket (oliver would love this, he is always finding rocks and sticks for me)
Toss bean bags in a bucket (need to make some bean bags)
Roll ball back and forth on floor (I forget to do simple things like this with him)
Play with a bucket of water and sponge (or his little pool outside)
Wash windows together
Let him play with sticker sheet ( I have many stickers and a book I no longer use)
Draw on a mirror with dry erase markers ( or our sliding glass door)
Glue shapes on paper

This little list along with our everyday learning times are on my list of things to do next week with Oliver.
I am using some print outs from a fabulous blog I found, and our focus is on camping. So maybe next week we'll make s'mores, or this weekend! Oliver learned some new words and I'd like to show him what they are- like backpack, lantern, fire etc.

Today though I may try to do some of those items above, just for fun with the boy.
Only a few more months until we welcome his baby brother! I hope by that point I will have a handle on our daily schedule, because I know it will probably be completely changed with a newborn!



No comments: