Wednesday, December 17, 2008

getting better eating solid foods

Funny headline for me today. Here I am a few days later. I ended up having oral surgery on Monday which actually worked out as a blessing. Jonah has a student whose dad is an oral surgeon so we called him Sunday night and he said to come in Monday morning first thing. He went out of his way to help me and for that I feel blessed, because I could have wasted my time at my normal dentist (which whom I will never be going to again- time for a new dentist). I really feel like the Lord protected me and directed us as we didn't know who to go to. My problem turned out to be more serious than I thought- but by Monday morning I didn't care what it took as long as someone took care of my pain. It's amazing what you can be capable of and NOT scared of when you are suffering so much pain. I had to have surgery- including laughing gas and a valium and an IV. All of those thing would normally terrify my but I was so ready to jump in the chair. It made me think ahead to when we do have children. I was thinking of the pain of that and realized I would be able (with God's help) to handle it. I know it's so far from giving birth, but suffering pain and overcoming fear is such a blessing. The people at the office were also wonderful and so kind. I love feeling known at a doctors office. My husband too went above and beyond every way he could. I was so out of it on Monday all day and he was there to help me and help me eat and just comforting and loving me. He came home one day this week with a surprise for me too. I just am so thankful for such a loving caring husband that God has given me!! I am on the upward curve now to healing- I can start eating solid foods today which is great for healing. Today I actually feel a little more like myself and I am thankful for that- even though I can't really smile fully yet, just halfway. Halfway is good too :-^
I'm thankful today for God looking out for me in the midst of all of this.

2 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

I'm really glad you are feeling better. Keep taking your antibiotics and get lots of fluids!

Dawn said...

Wow! What an ordeal. I hope that everything heals ok and that you start feeling much better before the holidays. You have to eat solids during the holidays, who would want to eat pureed Christmas cookies through a straw. You're in our prays to heal fully.