Tuesday, December 9, 2008

christmas decor








Here are some pictures of our tree (real of course :), and I have to explain the star... last year we bought a tree with this really tall top (like 14") and normal people trim that down to put the star on top. We stuck our star on top before trimming it down and it made us laugh so hard. It looked so goofy sticking out up there a foot away from the tree, we ended up leaving it there all season. 
This year we again bought a tree with a very tall top, and for laughs we put our star on top of it, and I think I can say it's a tradition now to find the tallest top on a tree, just to make us laugh every time we look at the star. Even now as I look at the tree again it makes me laugh! Oh the little things....sure doesn't take much to make me laugh :)
We also decorate with ornaments that we have collected from places we have visited, as well as annual ornaments with the year on them. We both have some from family as well, married and from childhood. We love putting them all on giving us that finished homespun look and feel you just can't find on a themed tree. 

2 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

LOL You guys are so funny. That is a tradition I think only you two would continue.

Dawn said...

That is a hilarious and special tradition. When I first saw your tree I was wondering what was up with your star. You better keep high ceilings otherwise your tree top will be taller than your actual tree. I just love Christmas.