Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Twas the day before Christmas and all through the house,
I could smell goodness baking that could rouse a mouse.
The air outside was a balmy degree,
No snow to crawl into-no not up to my knee.
Sounds of a movie of holiday fun,
Are playing and singing for everyone.
The tree is lit, and fragrantly smells,
The presents are wrapped in paper with bells.
Family is close to hold and to love,
and I'm thankful this day for my Lord above.
His love is the reason we celebrate today,
And I'm thankful for Him and for every day.
So much to be thankful for,
My list could go on,
But I'll lift up my voice,
For all that He's done.

I am so thankful for Him today. It's such a special fun time of year to celebrate, give gifts, share recipes, and enjoy time with family, but I haven't lost sight of what the reason is- Christ.
Our beloved Saviour is truly the reason we celebrate and I am so thankful for His gift, His sweet precious Son so many years ago. How I celebrate His birth, His life, His death and Resurrection.
He lives and that is enough gift for me.

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

What a nice little poem!:-) Merry Christmas sister. Can't wait to see in a couple days!