Monday, December 1, 2008

December days

December already! I hope everyone had a special Thanksgiving break. We did! After sharing a meal with friends, we went home for a nap and later went midnight shopping! Craziness at the outlets. We were shocked at how many people got up in the middle of the night to shop for deals. But overall it was a great weekend that passed all too quickly. We also picked up our tree Friday night, mmmm a really fragrant real one. We pick out a real one every year. I don't think we have ever gone quite this early, but we are both feeling so much more festive this year. Maybe because it's been really cold here in Ga. Last year it was so warm and tropical, and really hard to feel 'Christmasy'.
But I can't believe we are in December now! I am thinking ahead to how quickly and busy these next few weeks are. I can't help but go down the list of things to do.....I don't want to miss out on making memories, starting traditions, doing things for others, Christmas shopping, cards....on and on. How I love this time of year! I almost wish I had another 3 days off just to catch up from our Thanksgiving break. Our tree is sitting amidst boxes of christmas decor right now, tonight should be the night to put the lights on!!! Yeah!
I just want to slow down and really enjoy each special thing about this time of year. I am really praying that I keep my heart and focus on the very special reason for Christmas. Our beloved Lord sending His precious Son. What a tremendous gift! I am thinking what exactly can I give Him this year?

1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

Yah! You changed your background. And added a song. Hmm..I wonder where you got that idea? :-)