Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meal planning?

I woke up late this morning and had too much to do in the small amount of time before we left for work. That is so frustrating. I get mad at myself for not allowing enough time, because it not only affects me but Jonah as well. So we ran late this morning.
In my frustration and grumpiness, I made breakfast, trying to provide enough protein in Jonah's diet since this is a workout day.
I have been cooking everynight at home, and in the mornings more since eggs have so much protein in them. It's about time to go grocery shopping again, and I am so tired of mentally thinking through a meal every night, as well as breakfast, so I decided to make a list for shopping (which I usually do) but to also make a meal plan for the next week.
I have a question for anyone that can help- Is there a good meal plan out there that I can download or print? Do you have one that you really think works well for you that you would be willing to share? I searched online but didn't find anything significant, there are many sites that require a 'login' and then turn out to be only "this amount of money"...that is irritating to me because it feels like a trick.
I would love to be able to be more organized without feeling overwhelmed right from the beginning and without taking three hours every week to think through meals.
I made a list last night of two different groups of food that I want to include in our diets. So there is my starting point. Tonight I will actually create recipes for dinners, then breakfasts. Then I'll make a grocery list.
I guess I get easily discouraged when it comes to this, because I haven't found a method that I have found to be dummy proof and efficient. I am a very no-nonsense, don't waste my time, kind of gal, and I strive to find the best solution in everything I do. If I find myself spinning my wheels it usually frustrates me and makes me abandon my original purpose....
So here is my plead for help! Anyone?

No comments: