Thursday, January 29, 2009

Where God guides He provides...and blesses too

I think one of the hardest things of my life is working with teens. There are so many times when I feel so inadequate in encouraging them and just saying the 'right thing'. I talked with Jonah about this very thing last night and he always has a new perspective that opens my eyes up a little to the broader plan.
I am at a spot in my life where I feel like it's a plateau. You know that place you reach where there aren't any deep valleys or high mountains to look at? It's funny how I almost prefer one or the other. I would rather not be lukewarm,and my prayer is to keep perservering where I am now.
I was reading this morning and what I read kind of went along with that. How it's important to keep going and keep serving God with all that you can in the here and now at the place God has called you.His plan for you is to serve with excellence.
I remember talking with my sister about this some, several months ago. She too was at a place of 'in-between' and not knowing what the future would bring. I told her I feel it's important to be actively involved and serving where you are now, and if God brings change, well then you will move in that direction. I guess I feel like I am waiting for something to come up, something grand and obvious- like a new house, or moving.
I feel like God is reminding me of what I told my sister. Focus on now. Put your all into what you are doing now. Is it important? Yes. If it's where God has called you to be, it's the most important place you can be. Put your heart into it, and see what happens. I'm sure I won't be dissapointed. My favorite phrase comes back to mind-"Where God guides, He provides". Sometimes it may not feel like a grand huge extravagant life, but I'm reminded it's important to put your all into the everyday things, because that is where God placed you. Hmm, just need to keep remembering that.

3 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

Also remember to be thankful for the "boring" times because you may be wishing for them when life starts to inevitably throw you a curve ball. As far as working with teens, the best advice I could give you is to always, always be real and honest. Teens can sense fakeness faster than anyone. I'm proud of you for your committment to pleasing God with your life, and striving to seek His will. I know He will bless you and Jonah as you continue to do this.

Katie said...

I needed to read that simple but so profound statement..."Where God guides He provides". Thankyou for sharing this post. Sometimes I quickly forget such things!

Katie said...

Yes, Carrie, that was Mark's Pizza...what other kind is there?!! Well, there is Pizza Hut...hmm, that's a tough one!