Wednesday, April 29, 2009

flying to ny

I know it's been a while since I have posted. I guess life and work have kept me so busy. I have been looking and praying for opportunities for us to make more money- since we are working hard at paying off our debt quickly and God has blessed in ways I would have never thought of. A little here and there- but that is what it takes. Allow me a moment to tell you about a big blessing that was dropped in our laps.
My sister called me a couple weeks ago asking me if I would be interested in helping her shoot a wedding- the wedding of the sister of my sister's husbands sister....if that makes sense. Well what turned into me and her shooting it, came to asking if she would be interested in just having me shoot it...because Laura has a little new baby it would be kind of hard. Well to make a long story short, Jonah and I are going to do it. Why is this significant?
I was going to plan a trip to visit my siblings and their new babies this summer. Things kind of changed when Katie flew back to Bulgaria. Not that I didn't want to visit sweet little Jack- I do more than anything (and my family too!). But I was thinking about spending the extra money on a flight and I knew our dedication right now is to not spend anything extra. I prayed about it and just didn't feel I should spend the extra over the summer- it's $300 to fly to NY. Plus we are planning on visiting this Christmas so that's more to think about.
Well as it turns out shooting this wedding will get us both to NY (paying our way) in an unexpected trip to visit with family, but also develop our skills as photographers. What could be better?
What a blessing it is to have a sister that thought of others. What a blessing it is to serve a God that is generous and mindful of the little things.
I was a little flabbergasted...how exciting is this?
I'm thrilled to be able to fly to NY this summer and not by myself, with my sweet husband which is another HUGE blessing.
I also had another sale on Etsy, which is always a happy surprise. I recommend Etsy to others, because it's so easy. I just put my stuff out there and let it do it's own thing. And it's extra for us so always a plus.
I tell you what being in God's will is definitely the safest place to be where He guides you and provides for you.

No comments: