Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Schedule

I did it.
I sat down and made a schedule.
I searched online for some schedule tips from stay at home moms and I stumbled upon this site. She has jotted out scheduling that has helped her, and she also offers so many valuable tips to organizing things. I added her to my blog feed, grateful to have found a Christian mom that offers her insights.
I also searched google documents for a template. Did you know Google offers this? I have a gmail account so by logging in I have access to many Google things. There are so many different templates to choose from, I wonder why I didn't realize this years ago! There are even home budgeting ones, if you need it.
I thought this was a better option for me versus writing up my schedule in an excel sheet. Being creative, programs like Excel and Microsoft Word really confuse me. I would much rather open Indesign and Illustrator and make something there. But using the Google docs saved me some time, I just found one I liked and plugged in my schedule.
It's still being worked out but I made a loose weekly one, plugging in what I know we do everyday, along with things I need to do and things I would like to do. How is it going? Well, we are kind of at day two and I have already gone off the grid. But I'm happy to have started somewhere. Thats often the hardest part of doing something new.
Yesterday I followed it pretty well. I planned out an activity with Oliver and I even prepped for it, waiting for lunch to be over so we could jump in. I also made some creative time, just to do something with my hands. I loved adding that in, because I actually finished a project! I had time for cleaning, which got done earlier than I thought- wonder of wonders- which made more time for other things on my list. I really do love how much time is freed up when you plan it. It's an amazing thing to me. When I  don't plan it feels like I don't accomplish things. But planning is a learned trait and I'm learning it all the time.
Today started out earlier than yesterday because it was Jonah's first day of school! Up bright and early with him, so I was able to see him off. Being up and having eaten earlier than usual, I was able to rearrange my day already. Laundry was put in, hoping to finish it today. And I had devotions before Oliver got up. Once he was up, since it was still earlier than usual, I felt the need to take a nice walk while the weather wasn't too hot. It was wonderful to do this early in the day, just to enjoy the outdoors and talk with God. I needed that time to keep my mind and heart open to what He is speaking.
And now here I am with some quiet hours before me, while Oliver naps. I think it's time to go see what my schedule is for the day. I have a few changes that need to be made already.
Here are some shots from yesterdays creative endeavors.
For my activity with Oliver, I got out my watercolors and some illustration board. He loved playing in the paints and slapping his hands on the board! This is his very first painting- I love it! I then cut out an elephant shape in some cardstock, to mask the painting. I trimmed it to 8x10 to fit a standard frame, and voila, ready to hang.
For my creative project I found some inspiration on Pinterest (I'll post about that another time) and made a rosette bracelet. Cute, but I think I'll modify it next time! Happy back to school Wednesday!






final piece!
the masked frame final piece!


my bracelet. I love this color!


1 comment:

Dawn said...

ok, so I want to thank you but not thank you too...lol. I clicked on the link in your blog for the schedule and got sucked into checking out her blog. Very resourceful and I just might have to add it to my blogroll on my blog that I have seemed to abandon. She has so many great ideas and thoughts, but thanks to your link I just spent the last half hour on her blog and not reading or getting ready for bed. One reason I hate the internet. :) Time management....