Sunday, August 7, 2011

Spoon

Oliver started sneezing.
Then coughing.
Then a fever.
Sooo, my weekend involved a trip to the library to pick up some new books for him. It's very sad when your little one is sick. You just want to take away any hurt. The sad little cries from him, told both Jonah and I that he wasn't feeling well. I'm not sure if it's teething related or just something he picked up. Either way he wasn't himself- he was actually grumpy and whiny and just wanted to be held.
That is the favorite part. Extra cuddling? Why yes!
I savored the time with him and soaked in the cuddling as it's fewer and farther between these days. He has become sooo much more busy, and vocal, it's all about keeping up with him and letting him exert that energy in his little body.
I picked up several books at the library, but one was so darn cute. It's called "Spoon" and it's about a spoon that has become dissatisfied with his role in life. He envies the other silverware, but in the end comes to realize that his duties are indeed fun- because who else gets to dive into a bowl of icecream? The end punch results in him 'spooning' with his mom and dad. So funny and cute!
I think Oliver really liked it too. We have more books to finish so I'll head off to read to him now- as I'm home with him this Sunday too. 
Praying for this little boy to heal up- he seems to be better today with a slight fever. So he's getting there, thankfullly.
Happy Sunday- another new week ahead!



the spoons family!


(enjoying some juicy and ripe plums!)

1 comment:

Thea Nelson said...

CUTE! Plus I love your new pic on the top of your blog. So lovely! Hope Oliver feels better soon!