Monday, August 29, 2011

Work!

I am back to work this week!
I'm nervous about it all because I am actually going in as a substitute. I've never taught a day in my life, so this is certainly a little unnerving. I have always admired others that are able to walk in front of people and well speak.
I am not a natural in front of crowds. In fact I'm more of a hermit. I like to close my mouth and just watch and listen.
I guess that won't work out so well for me tomorrow?
I guess I will have to speak!
This is just one more way that God is stepping in, taking care of us, and stretching me in the process.
I have loved being home with Oliver, loved it! It is such a joy to be right where you know you are called to be. In this faith journey of quitting my full time job, I knew I would be open to opportunities for income as they came up. Even though I will be away from Oliver for a short time this week, it couldn't have worked out better. I am working only half days for a few days and God has graciously been relieving all my fears.
I did not eagerly jump at the chance to be a substitute. I get pretty nervous in front of people, generally large groups of kids, so it wasn't an immediate 'why yes!' I am in awe of my husband that has so much confidence in front of crowds, in front of groups, and kids. He can speak with authority and earn the respect from those listening. This is a God given gift, something that does not come easily to many! I am so proud of him and how much he has grown in his role of teacher and leader.
But as for the job... I prayed about it and I realized that I was willing to do this. I was willing to let the Lord stretch me in this area, because thats exactly what I felt I needed. Being home with Oliver has made me realize how much I am a teacher. Not a classroom, textbook one, but an everyday one. What can I learn during these days in a classroom that I will apply at home with my little one? What does God want me to learn? These are the very thoughts that made me come to the decision of yes. And, it also provides income we can use. So here we go!
I am thankful that God brought this into our lives, thankful that Jonah had my full support if I said yes or no. And so thankful for friends that are willing to watch our little boy for a few hours, free of charge. Now that is how God takes care of us. Always in the details, always caring about every little thing.
And speaking of our little one....


He was watching me take some photos outside today and was not happy about being behind the glass door. Oh sweet boy. Even when he's naughty and crying he makes me laugh at his antics. He went from having his hands on the glass to his face, and his cheeks, his nose, and even his mouth was open with his lips and tongue pressed on the glass at one point!
I love my men, and I am sooo thankful for them!


No comments: