Monday, September 2, 2013

Preschool week 2, day 4

Today was a pajama day. Someone woke up a little grumpy and did not want to do school.
This was stated before breakfast. Not getting a good nights sleep, not being a morning person, and not having eaten yet could all be factors in this. Plus the fact that he is only 3, some days are just a little harder to get up and go.
So we kept it low key and I let Oliver stay in pajamas.
After a little guitar practice, we did our routine things, then reviewed our days of creation. Today we learned about day 6, when God created man, woman and the animals. I had drawn out day 6 for Oliver, and my people sketches had to be the worst yet. I have an art background and I'm pretty embarrassed at how poorly drawn Adam and Eve were! I don't think Oliver cared, and I don't think you can see the horrendous figures in this photo (ha!). But Oliver and I talked about what God did on this day, and I let him color with markers. We then moved onto counting. I had written numbers on some paper and Oliver had to match the number with the same amount of felt balls. It started out as more of a game for him to line up the balls (he loves to put things in a row) but once I helped him get a little more focused he did great counting and matching numbers with balls.









We ended our school time with color matching again. Oliver looked for black this time on the pictures. I especially like the black spots he found in the frog picture! It was a low key day for sure, but I'm proud of what Oliver is learning with identifying and counting.



No comments: