Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall is in the air

I have faithfully used my new Fluidity machine twice this week. What a good feeling to exercise but also do what I had planned! My muscles are a little angry at me for making them move, but I do feel better and more stretched out.
A good week overall, and now here it is Friday, and we are so excited the weekend is here!! The weather has been changing here too, which I love, because it is turning to fall. Mmm, I love this time of year when the leaves change, the air is crisp, apples are in season, hot chocolate is on the grocery list, and hints of Christmas are popping up. It's the season for photography that is for sure, I love capturing color and it's bareable to be outside now, without feeling too hot and muggy.

Georgia sure is a beautiful state with warm weather, but I do miss the crispness of the north at this time of year. All the apple orchards too! Fortunately I found Harry's Wholefoods store that sells seasonal produce from all over, so I am able to buy my much beloved Courtland apples, to turn into danish, and homeade applesauce. I'm such a country girl at heart and it's funny because we live in such a metro area compared to where I grew up. The older I get the more I realize how much I appreciate where I grew up. Sure it was out in the middle of nowhere in the country, but it sure was beautiful and green. Here it's a bit of a fight in traffic wherever you go, but we have really learned to love having everything so close, walmart, grocery stores, gas stations, theatre's, the mall. Even our church is 5 minutes up the road. It sure is nice not to have to drive far. But my heart still misses the country...maybe someday we will have that horse ranch and a cute cottage with my own little garden, and a few little kiddos....mmm someday!

1 comment:

Josh and Lori Fisher said...

I have no idea how you think this clearly at 5:00am. We hope ya'll will be able to come see us. We won't be able to come down there until November. Love Ya'll!